Vessel Registration under the Maltese Flag
The Malta flag is regulated by the Merchant Shipping Act, which has been amended on numerous occasions throughout the years. Among the changes effected recently were new age restrictions, as well as a number of safety and manning standards to ensure a higher quality fleet.
We co-operate with numerous owners / managers / maritime law offices in this field and have gained a reputation for reliability and efficiency in dealing with all its clientele's demands. The services directly offered by the company include:
- Company incorporation (Shipping Companies/Companies to avail of VAT leasing Scheme)
- Vessel/yacht registration
- Registration of mortgages
- Company and vessel administration
Malta is also a party to various IMO and ILO International Maritime Conventions, and the flag is both recognised and recommended by all major banks and financial institutions. The advantages offered by Malta flag include:-
- Low costs for the incorporation of Maltese shipping companies.
- Competitive vessel registration fees.
- Complete tax exemption to owners, charterers and financial institutions for Maltese registered vessels.
- No crew nationality and trading restrictions.
- Double taxation treaties with various countries, as well as maritime agreements with China and the Russian federation.
- Bareboat charter registration of Maltese flag and foreign flag vessels.
All corporate flag requirements are handled by our sister company VCS.
Valletta Commercial Services ("VCS") is a well established Corporate Service company with a wealth of international experience. We believe in providing a fast, reliable and cost effective service to its clients. We adopt a pragmatic approach to suit the client's specific needs.